Who we are
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you visit the Site, whether through the Site or via alternative means, including but not limited to completion of House of Love documents and forms. In this section, We describe what types of personal data We collect, the ways We collect it, and how We use it. While We have tried to be complete, this list is not necessarily exhaustive, given that these activities can vary from time to time. When We collect information, We will tell you at the point of collection what information is required and what information is optional. We collect personal information both directly from the information you provide us with as well as automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies. This collection of information includes any information that can personally identify you. This information may include details such as your name, age, gender, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and you Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Information You Provide to Us
Examples of information that you provide us with include information collected from filling in forms on our Site, when subscribing to promotional communications, when reporting a problem with our Site, when responding to a survey, and records and copies of correspondence, including email addresses and telephone numbers, if you make contact with us. The types of personal data typically collected by us may include the following, depending on your activities:
- Contact information and Geographic Location, including name, title, street address (home, work, billing, shipping), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address (home, work), operating system, browser type, company name and other similar information, and your geographic location.
- Contact information also includes any third-party contact information you provide us with. Personal/demographic information, including birthday/age/age group, gender, birth date, salary range, occupation, level of education, contest- or promotion-specific information.
- Authentication information, including user IDs, log-in names, passwords, password reminders, etc. (in addition to other personal data such as contact information, birth date and the like).
- Transactional and financial information, including payment information for purchases made through the Site and debit/credit card information.
- Preferences, views and comments, including communication preferences, feedback in response to surveys, etc. Participation information, including event attendance, sweepstakes/contest entries (including all information submitted on an entry), registrations, information relating to use of online communities and all other user submissions and content you provide.
- Order placement and customized product requests, including user formulas, methodologies, trademarks, tradenames, copyrights, and all other intellectual property provided to us. This type of data will be stored on the Site and may be used in advertisements, marketing, promotional communications, and may be publicly available to other users as a featured product creation on the Site.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Functional Cookies These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Social Media Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- To improve the Site: We continually strive to improve the Site offerings based on the information and feedback We receive from you;
- To improve customer service: Your information helps House of Love to more effectively respond to your requests and support needs;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature, to promote our goods and services, and to inform you of upcoming events;
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates;To send periodic emails and text messages: The email address and telephone number you provide to us may be used by House of Love for marketing and promotional purposes;
- To ensure security: Collection of your information helps to manage security, risk, and fraud prevention.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include agencies providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing User service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Affiliated Businesses, Alcohol Suppliers and Product Owners: The personal information collected on the website is provided to the companies, namely, alcohol beverage suppliers and alcohol beverage brands, that own the products that you are purchasing from the Site (collectively, “Affiliated Businesses”). These businesses may be provided your name, address, email address, and phone number to send you promotional offerings. We cannot control and nor are We liable for contact attempts from these companies to you. Our Affiliated Businesses will process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and other relevant data protection laws.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes We send offers to users on behalf of other businesses. If you do not want to receive such offers, please let us know by contacting us at [email protected]
Sale of Personal Data
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. These cookies collect information for analytics and to personalize your experience with targeted ads. You may exercise your right to opt out of the sale of personal information by using this toggle switch. If you opt out we will not be able to offer you personalized ads and will not hand over your personal information to any third parties. Additionally, you may contact our legal department for further clarification about your rights as a California consumer by emailing [email protected] If you have enabled privacy controls on your browser (such as a plugin), we have to take that as a valid request to opt-out. Therefore we would not be able to track your activity through the web. This may affect our ability to personalize ads according to your preferences.
Information is Used in the Following Ways:
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
Do We Disclose Any Information to Outside Parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal identifying information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist in operating the Site, conducting business, sell products marketed on the Site, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. However, non-personal identifying visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Our website is designed to appeal to adults only. We do not knowingly solicit any information from children or people under the legal drinking age, nor do We knowingly market or otherwise target our websites or our products or services to children or people under the legal drinking age. If We become aware that a visitor to our websites is a child or under the legal drinking age in the country or other territory in which he or she is located at the relevant time and has registered without verifiable parental consent, We will remove his or her personal information from our files.
We will keep and process your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected in connection with your relationship with us, unless We have a legal right or obligation to retain the data for a longer period, or the data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal identifying information as required by law and when We believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, to operate the Site properly, or to protect ourselves or our users.
You may choose to have your name taken off the House of Love email lists or to “opt-out” of having your personal identifying information used for certain purposes, including but not limited to receiving additional marketing materials from House of Love via text and email. If you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional materials from House of Love, you may contact us at [email protected]
Unless specifically requested, We do not solicit nor wish to receive any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material from you through the Site, by email, or in any other way. Any unsolicited information or material submitted or sent to House of Love will not be deemed to be confidential or secret.