There’s a time and a place for everything, and cocktails are no exception. If you want to enjoy your drinks at the best time of day for them, keep reading. We’ll cover a couple of cocktails for each segment of the day. Because reading is fundamental!
Want something to help you start your morning on a feel-good note? Try one of these three morning cocktail options.
- Tequila Sunrise: The time of day that you’re supposed to drink a Tequila Sunrise is in the name, as these drinks are intended to wake you up with a pop of citric flavor.
- Bloody Mary: Bloody Mary cocktails are a good option for divas who’ve had a long night beforehand and want to push down a headache with a tall glass of spiked vegetable juice. How’s your head, hun?
- Mimosa: Mimosas are a classic drag brunch drink, so they can pair well with either breakfast or early lunch.
If you’re about to take a lunch break and craving something flavorful to drink, one of these two midday cocktails might be right up your alley.
- Mojito: Midday is the perfect time for a fresh squeeze of lime mixed with white rum. If you don’t have white rum handy, then have a Vodka Mojito. For convenience, you might want to try this ready-to-drink cocktail made with vodka, lime, and pomegranate. It’s giving flavor the house down boots!
- Piña Colada: This one is also a tropical rum drink that plenty of people enjoy during the middle of the day, especially when on vacation. However, if you are craving coconut but you don’t feel like getting a buzz, this ready-to-drink mocktail is just the thing for you.
To slowly wind things down, relax, and untuck, you might want to try one of these signature drinks to be enjoyed in the evening.
- Margarita: Margaritas are great for padding a heavy dinner, and if you’re sitting down for a night in with friends, this tangerine margarita cocktail will save you time and prevent the need to clean your blender later. Cheers, queers!
- Martini: Martinis are made with gin and vermouth, but part of what makes them an evening favorite is their versatility. Martinis can have different flavors added for specific tastes (ex: appletinis).
These last two cocktails are meant to induce a warm sense of relaxation, so if you want to drift off to sleep, a nighttime cocktail is worth a shot.
- Nightcap: The ingredients of a nightcap somewhat vary, but they usually contain bourbon or brandy, cream, and either a spiced or citric ingredient. They’re used to induce a good night’s sleep, hence the name.
- Manhattan: Because Manhattans are a whiskey-centric cocktail, they’re ideal for nighttime. They’re warming and relaxing, and they come with a signature cherry garnish.
This list covers a few examples of cocktails you can enjoy throughout the day, but it’s by no means exhaustive. Experiment for yourself and try out a few drinks to discover your own unique taste. You might find that you like daiquiris better than heavier cocktails, or you might opt for mocktails until after hours. Whatever ends up being your cup of tea, remember to drink responsibly!